Thursday, January 17, 2013

The New 31 Day Challenge-New Technique

Hey everybody!!!  Thanks for stopping by!!  For todays challenge we have a new technique!!  Now this was a hard one to decide on because there are so many techniques I have yet to try!!  For this one I finally decided on dry marble!  And it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be!!  i kept it kind of simple since this was my first attempt but I'm loving the results!! For this mani I used
 
Sally Hansen-Pacific Blue
Pure Ice-Black Out
 
And here is the result
 
Fun stuff for sure!!   To do this design I simply
1. Did one coat of each color on half my nail (the line doesn't have to be even because you will mix the two down the middle)
2. After the first coat dried I did a slightly thicker second coat of each color, one nail at a time
3. Then I took a toothpick and swirled the two colors together down the middle using zigzags.
4. Continue these steps with each nail, one at a time 
 I think I'm going to play around with this technique a bit more because I have a few ideas brewing in my brain so keep an eye out for those in the future!!  Don't forget to check out the other designs for this challenge below!!  Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Wow I love this! Ive been wanting to try a dry marble and now I want to more LOL so pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm loving it!! Its pretty simple compared to water marble but I love the effect of water marble more!!

      Delete