Saturday, April 27, 2013

30 Day Challenge-Based On A Tutorial/ With A Tutorial!! (color block)

Hey everyone!! Thanks for stopping by!!  For today's challenge we are supposed to follow a tutorial.  I chose one of my favorite blogger ever, Kayla Shevonne!!  If you haven't checked her out you should, she rocks!!!  Her nail art designs are gorgeous and she has quite a few tutorials!!  For this mani I decided to try her color block design.  You can find it here.  For my mani I used
 
Sally Hansen-Black Out, Sonic Bloom, Brisk Blue, Club Havana, and On A Trip
 
Here is how it turned out
 
Now I am not really feeling this because my free-hand skills suck!!  So I decided to whip up a little tutorial of my own on how I would do this technique!!!  Here it goes!!
 
Step #1
Paint a base coat of your choosing
 
Step #2
Lay the striping tape in the design of your choosing
 
Step #3
Paint your first color, staying in the lines
 
Step #4
Paint the other colors you have chosen
 
Step #5
Carefully remove the striping tape
 
Step #6
Apply top coat
 
I chose to show you this design using 3 colors but really the possibilities are endless.  You can create as many blocks as you would like and use as many colors also!!  Fun stuff!!
 
Here is a mani I did using this technique.  I used
SquareHue-Yellow Submarine, Groovy Love, and Flower Power
 
Here is how it turned out
 
I just like this because it creates clean, crisp lines for those of us who lack the ability to do perfect free-hand lines!!  Hope everyone enjoyed this!   Until next time...

1 comment: